This new resource consists of an open-access online library of video lectures from educators across the globe that address different dimensions of international education. In addition to the video lectures, there are several accompanying resources that are available to you. This includes a handbook with suggested readings and links to other related resources.
This masterclass on critical internationalization studies is part of a research project, led by Dr. Sharon Stein, funded by the Spencer Foundation, entitled “Internationalization for an Uncertain Future: Setting the Agenda for Critical Internationalization Studies.” The project, which was co-produced by Dr. Santiago Castiello-Gutiérrez and Dr. Jhuliane Evelyn da Silva, weaves together a range of critical and decolonial perspectives, all of which seek (in their own ways) to identify, challenge, and ultimately interrupt the ways that mainstream approaches to the study and practice of internationalization have contributed to the reproduction of systemic harm in education and beyond.
In the first stage of this project, we are sharing 15 videos by academic experts from diverse scholarly, geographical, and epistemological locations.
Critical Internationalization Studies Masterclass Contents:
- Introduction, by Dr. Sharon Stein, Dr. Santiago Castiello-Gutiérrez, and Dr. Jhuliane Evelyn Da Silva
- Indigenous Worldviews and Internationalization of Higher Education, by Dr. Elizabeth Alva Sumida Huaman
- Potentialities of Decentering Internationalization of Higher Education, by Dr. Juliana Zeggio Martinez and Dr. Roxana Chiappa
- Can we transcend the ‘nation-state’ ontology in ‘Internationalization’? Towards Inter-being, by Dr. Riyad A. Shahjahan
- Internationalization: On Cosmopolitanism, Cosmopolitics and Communication Otherwise, by Dr. Lynn Mario Trindade Menezes de Souza
- Higher Education Internationalization: Global South/South Relations, by Dr. Upenyu Majee
- Issues of Racism and Nationalism in International Education, by Dr. Jenny J. Lee
- Internationalization of Higher Education Through a Languages Lens, by Dr. Adriana Díaz
- Globalisation and Internationalisation of Higher Education: Commodification of International Higher Education, by Dr. Fazal Rizvi
- Marketization of International Higher Education, by Dr. Gerardo Blanco
- The Role of International Organizations in the Internationalization Process, by Dr. Alma Maldonado-Maldonado
- China’s Quest for World-Class University Status: Critical Reflections, by Dr. Joshua Mok Ka-ho
- International Student Mobility Through an Equity-Driven Lens, by Dr. Christina W. Yao and Dr. Chrystal George Mwangi
- Forced Migration of Intellectuals and Academics, by Dr. Zeina Al Azmeh
- Reading Critical Internationalisation Through Global Citizenship Education, by Dr. Karen Pashby
- Global Trends in International Education: New Forms or Old Habits?, by Dr. Hans de Wit